Welcome to our page. We are so excited to have a new and convenient way to keep our students updated on all the tools they will need to get a good education and a solid career plan in place. We hope you will check back often for important dates, helpful web links and loads of scholarship opportunities. THS has two full time counselors for your academic and emotional needs. Mrs. Meyers handles all freshman and sophomore cases and Ms. Poole is counselor for all juniors and seniors. Mrs. Meyers can be reached at (405) 598-2113 ext 6007 and Ms. Poole is (405) 598-2113 ext 6006. Please consult the links to the left when needing answers for questions about schooling.
Headed to college or career tech following graduation? You will need to start the application process for FAFSA. This is a series of documents used to determine your qualifications for financial aid in order to help pay for expenses. Every school will require this application to be completed at the time of enrollment. It's a little long (so make some time) and somewhat complicated but we are here to help. You will need to see Ms. Poole to complete the process. Applications open October 1, 2018 for the Class of 2019. Gather the following personal records before you begin the process:
- your parents' tax information for the 2017 tax year
- month and year parents were married and/or divorced
- parents' birth dates and birth years
- parents' email address
When you have these papers in place you can follow the link to the left called FAFSA. This is a free service. Refrain from using any website that wants to charge you a fee. There are plenty of things that have to be paid for later. FAFSA is free--Don't pay for this service!
Attention Mid term Graduates--
If you will be graduating in December 2018, you must see Ms. Poole as soon as possible to start the exit process paperwork. Lots of information must be obtained from you, before you leave campus.
CPR Certification Graduation Requirement
All seniors are required to complete a course in CPR which is offered by the high school. However, many seniors will have completed this training elsewhere, such as with an employer or as a requirement for a career tech class. The successful completion of the course elsewhere will serve as meeting the graduation requirement. However, seniors must bring this proof of certification card to Ms. Poole as soon as possible to be avoid being scheduled in a class.
We will be doing CPR Training for seniors on March 11 and 12 - You need to be here. See Ms. Poole with questions.
We are giving away 170 free ACT Test Prep online accounts to any interested junior or senior. .These little gems can get you some awesome practice tests to take, some tips for getting into the great schools and some help on how to score the best score yet.
See Mrs. Meyers for details ASAP. Because when they're gone...they're gone
OKcollegestart.org is an amazing website. Use the link to your left. You can get study guides for the PSAT, SAT, ASVAB and ACT. It's got high school curriculum suggestions as well as information on Oklahoma's awesome free college plan called Oklahoma's Promise. You might be eligible. Last year to apply is sophomore year, so hurry.
- September 27 - Makeup 8th grade reading test
- October 2 - Free ACT day all juniors
- October 9 - Talk to a Military Recruiter Day
- October 12 - Aerobraze facilities tour
- October 15 - Pre ACT -- sophomores last names A-L
- October 16 - Pre ACT - sophomores last names M-Z
- October 30 - Juniors only free ACT day
- November 1 - Native American STEAM Day at University of Oklahoma
- November 7 - GCTC campus tour for all sophomores
- November 9 - ECU rep will be here during encore to talk to interested seniors
- November 13 - Air National Guard rep speaks to jrs. and srs. at 10:15 am
- December 3 - GCTC Parent Night 6-7:30 pm if you want to attend GCTC you want to go to this
- December 13 - Rose State College tour
- January 23 - STEM Conference at GCTC - Registration Deadline January 4
- January 28 - Rose State College Rep - 11 am
- February 5 - Seminole State College Rep
- February 12 - Discover Teaching workshop 9 - 11 am. Sign up in the counseling suite
- February 13 - Marine recruiter on campus. Sign up in advance is required.
- February 20 - ASVAB military placement test - see the counselors for details
- March 5 - Women in STEM Day. Sign up in the counseling suite.
- March 8 - Prospective Teacher Academy UCO 9 am- 3pm. Register with Ms. Poole.
- March 14 - High School Junior Day - East Central University Register with Ms. Poole.
- April 2-4 - ACT State Mandate Test - All juniors
- April 15-16 - U.S. History Test - State Mandate
- April 17-18 - Science Test - State Mandate
- April 26 - Last day to apply for Tecumseh Alumni Scholarships
Tecumseh Alumni Scholarship
- Deadline is April 26
- Several $1000 awards are available
- Applications in the counseling office
Justin Terney Scholarship
- One senior boy and one senior girl
- Must be pursuing a career in criminal justice, forensics, firefighting or related emergency service field
Tecumseh Together Scholarship
- Deadline is April 16
Tecumseh Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- One senior boy and one senior girl
- Deadline is April 22