THS Leadership class will launch its annual Thanksgiving food drive on November 2 and will conclude the drive on November 12. Students, clubs and organizations, teachers and staff are asked to help by donating food items to be placed in Thanksgiving food baskets. The baskets will be assembled by leadership students and delivered to local families the week before Thanksgiving. Turkeys will be purchased with previously collected cash donations and now the assorted items to make a full meal are being requested.
Third hour classes will hold contests to see which class can bring the most canned or non-perishable food items and then clubs and groups will be requested to bring more specific food products.
If you would like to make a donation to this project by way of cash or food please contact Jennifer McKnight at (405) 598-2113 to arrange a pickup of your gift. Or you can drop off your donations at the main office between 8 am and 3:30 pm.
Here is a list of specific needs for each basket by club:
- 25 roaster pans - Native American club and THS Cheer
- 25 packages of stuffing -BETA and Academic Team
- 50 packages of pudding or gelatin - NHS and Spanish Club
- 50 boxes of macaroni and cheese - THS Football Team
- 25 5# bags of potatoes - Youth Alive and FCA
- 25 5# bags of sugar - Student Couci land Science Club
- 25 5# bags of flour - FCCLA and Art Club